Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Monday, December 08, 2008
Well, where do we begin?

How about we begin by having you click over to my Examiner.com write-up for the game and tell me with a straight face that you disagree with anything I said.

I don't know what's worse: the fact that I'm writing about Georgia losing to Tech and not using four-letter words, or the fact that I wrote everything with the least bit of shock in my words.

Now I don't mean to get off on a rant here, but to say that UGA has problems defensively would be an understatement the size of Elliot Spitzer's apology to his wife. As I was watching the Tech game, I kept having the feeling that with every tackle after 4-5 yards rushing, we were just polishing the brass on the Titanic. Sure, I had just as much faith that the ball might bounce our way and we could pull one out, but the truth is no one on the defensive side of the ball (sans a Liberian named Rennie Curran) deserved to win that game.

Now offensively, it was a different story. We were a force to be reckoned with not only with throwing the ball, but also with accurate play calling. Stafford made a couple of ill-advised throws, but for the most part, he was where we needed him to be.

Furthermore, words cannot describe the amount of respect I have for MoMass. He might just go down as my second favorite Bulldog behind D.J. Shockley. He left his guts on the field Saturday, and truth be told, he deserved better than to have to walk off the field with his head hung in shame.

I've seem some half-assed attempts at tackling before, but this is the first time I can remember that I saw a Mark Richt team get progressively worse with fundamentals as the season went on. Now I'll support CMR and what he does for the university as long as he is our head coach. Even if/when he leaves, I'll still be a fan. Will be for life.

However, our players have been thrown under the bus so much that they're getting road rash. In fact, Blair Walsh has used his time wisely by learning to fix an axel, flush your transmission fluid and grease joints.

I don't have a problem with how we choose to run our team. We try to graduate players, put players in the NFL and win some games along the way. However, our utter lack of addressing problems adequately is something I'm really sick of seeing. If we can't tackle in the fifth game, we shouldn't be having the same problem by the twelfth. If we're missing assignments against Georgia Southern, we shouldn't be missing them against Georgia Tech.

I'm not a coach. I'm not paid $2.8 million a year to figure that out. Is the answer firing a coach? I don't know. Is it keeping things like they are? NO. That most certainly is not the answer.

Our answer is currently getting ready to play Michigan State in the Capital One Bowl. Hopefully it's the one we're all looking for.


Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
uga's offense was great, and so was Tech's once it got going.
Most uga people want to make this game a failure for uga instead of a win for Tech.
This wasn't just some flukey win for the Jackets.
Things are different now that Tech has a competent coach. Seven in a row surely happened, but it's no longer relevant to the current situation.