Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
I can't cite any sources because I don't have any well-connected ones, but what I do know is that when a rumor is this white-hot, and this one is, there is a certain fire to the proverbial smoke. Tomorrow (Wednesday), it's expected that both Matthew Stafford and Knowshon Moreno will announce their intentions to turn pro.

I'll be honest, the timing of the whole thing took me by surprise. I think it's taken a lot of folks by surprise because there's not many folks writing about it right now. However, it SHOULDN'T have taken too many of us off guard as UGA resumes classes Thursday and a Stafford and Moreno no-show would've killed the surprise.

A big, nay, HUGE hat tip has to go to The Song Writer, who first informed me of the rumor about 9:00 or 10:00 tonight.

Tomorrow should be interesting, but if I'm right about this, I won't lie. I'll be a bit disappointed. I wish those two, who may be two of the best players to ever suit up between the hedges, would've been able to go out with at least some type of championship. However, if you were to tell me that I could make $70 million (with $30 million of it guaranteed) and I may or may not become the next Ryan Leaf, I'd still do it. In fact, for $30 million, you could tattoo "I came too early" on my butt and I'd still be happy...and about $30 million more rich than you.

Let's see how tomorrow shakes out first, but if this is true, then we need to get behind those two and wish them well. They're still Dawgs.


Until next time kids.

Be safe.

 

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Knowshon hasn't been to classes in more than a month. Why is this some sort of surprise to anyone?