Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Sunday, March 25, 2007
I told you earlier about Hoya Paranoia, but you didn't believe me.

Well, truth is I think I just got lucky from UNC's remarkable collapse at the end of that game. I'm not sure whether it was the pro-Georgetown crowd or the pressure of being a young team on the edge of a final four appearance, but UNC just folded with 4 minutes left to go. Oh well, one man's loss is another man's (namely me) gain.

Either way, I really don't care because my final four made it in and that leaves me in great position within the office pool. I've got three games to go and if I win out, I'm looking at a $600 payday. If Florida doesn't win the championship, I'm in shit shape. I hope I don't jinx myself, but...

Go Gators.

That hurt....

In other news, the Lady Dogs lost to Purdue in the Sweet Sixteen in the Women's Tournament. With such a great road to the Final Four, it really sucks to see them not have the chance to go, but we'd been so hot and cold all year that I wasn't sure they'd even make it is as far as they did. At least they had a good year, made the Sweet Sixteen, and left by losing to a good Purdue team. All in all, that's about as much as you can ask for when you fall short of the ultimate goal.

Moving on to Georgia football, it seems that the reports coming out of Athens are decently accurate. Our Defense is fast but inexperienced, our Offense is spread out due to TE injuries, our Offensive Line is going to have an uphill battle, and Knowshon Moreno is still the talk of the spring. I expect us to have a pretty good year this year and even be SEC Championship contenders, but a lot of that depends on how our young Defense learns the system and how our O-line makes it through the spring and fall without injuries.

Finally, I have decided to start blogging more, but not just necessarily about UGA stuff. Sports in general and any social commentary I might have should become the norm, so go ahead and expect it. I've heard from numerous people that they really just weren't into reading only UGA stuff all the time (especially basketball) and since they can get that from PWD and The King, it kind of made what I wrote irrelevant. I completely understand that, and I appreciate their opinion on the matter because, it basically gave me the proof I needed to make the "change" since I had been thinking about it anyway.

So, expect a more well-rounded peak into my brain going forward. If you want to know what it will kind of be like, lumber on over to Hey Jenny Slater and see how Doug mixes football, social commentary, music, and all other kinds of shit into his blog. It's a helluva read and funny anyway, so you've got nothing to lose.

Looking forward to the new beginning.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:
Blogger JoJo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger JoJo said...
Thats BULLSHIT no amount of money could be worth uttering that phrase!!!! I think i threw up alittle.