Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Every year, we kick off Clean Old Fashioned Hate Week (aka Hate Week 2007 Part II) with an homage to one of my favorite posts. It's more of a rant than anything, but it's tradition, and from 2001 -- 2006, TRADITION WINS DAMN IT.



So, to kick off the HATE, we're reposting. Enjoy!!!!





------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



So here's the heart of why I hate Georgia Tech so much (now mentioned just as Tech). All the stories are good feeders to the flame, but are lacking the "it" factor to create a truly hated rival. The good news is I've found that "it" factor and I'm proud to say that it's the people.

Individually, they might be ok. As one, they're shit.

Awwww. Don't like what I say? Prove me wrong. My entire life I've met only a handful of Tech fans that were worth keeping. I work with one, I'm related to the other one....past that, I'm just overestimating in case I'm forgetting anyone.

Tech fans whine. Jesus Cristo they whine and whine and whine. While they whine, they're not doing anything else. They talk about how great they are, but yet they can't prove anything other than they're a bunch of geeks who spread terrorism so rapidly, it gives new meaning to the term "long division."


Gailey, I wouldn't run "Off Tackle Left" again if I were you.

They should at least win something. Cure something. DO SOMETHING. Tech is never in the news for being at the forefront of anything. Anyone else ever notice that?

Sure, UGA could field felons and go 7-4, but we don't want to. We'd rather our criminal talent do something that justifies their troubled history. Something like...WINNING...or getting into the NFL.


Photo: "Oh-Hell" Odell in full GATA mode after he hears Brady call him a "Goody-goody Tech Grad."

I mean lets all face it. Terrance Moore's column didn't put a single Tech fan down. All it did was bring to light the ugly truth that is Tech football and that truth is YOU GUYS SUCK ALL AROUND.

And to quote a good friend, "Nobody likes you."

Every year that we play Tech I get this "bile in the back of my throat" feeling that won't go away. I guess it could be worse, though. When I was in Redcoats, I had to stand on the sideline while that joke of a band ran around with a flag boy, marched without sunglasses, and then "walked the 'T' off the field."

By the way, the whole obsession with the "T" is beyond me. It's on a building and people try to steal it. OK. It's on the field and the bandies walk it off on a whim. OK. It's fucking pointless but, OK...not impressive. You know what is impressive to do? March off the field with Notre Dame's band in 1980 after a patriotic show and turning USA into UGA. THAT takes balls and talent. A "T" is a fucking "T." Ask Tennessee...they know all about it.


Photo: In 2003, Phil Fulmer proves there's no "T" in Krispy Kreme, but there is in "doughnuts."

I could go on and on for hours, but that wouldn't make for a very readable blog. Just understand that when it comes to all schools in all states all across this great nation, there is no other thing I'd personally rather see than Tech be no more. It's not even fun beating them anyway.

In closing, here are the pros and cons of Tech in America...

Pros:
1) Thursday night football -- Where else can a complete meltdown hit so close to home, but not affect your team?
2) The Varsity in Atlanta -- Sure it's all GT all the time, but it kind of has that "it's like The Varsity in Athens, but not" feel to it.
3) A win on the schedule -- 'Nuff said.

Cons:
1) Fans are idiots --
I have video proof. Apparently "cutting" has no mathematical equation.



2) Fans are ugly -- I'd say Tech girls love it Doggy Style, but since they are without any, it's pointless.
3) Everything else -- There's too much to list.



Oh well, we can always hope for a better tomorrow...or we could just elect this guy as President.





Until next time kids.

Be safe.

P.S. -- Tuck Fech.

Labels:

1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
hahaahahah.